- About UCI MIND
- About Us
- Message from the Director
- Institute History
- Faculty & Staff
- Awards and Recognition
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Awards and Recognition
The Institute continues to develop new major resources to help us achieve our goals. Our successes include:
- Designation as an Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) by the National Institute on Aging (NIA), including 5 years of financial support, which provides the means to diagnose and longitudinally follow individuals with MCI and Alzheimer’s or another dementia, and to recruit them for a variety of research studies designed to advance our knowledge about memory and aging.
- Designation as a California Alzheimer’s Disease Center (CADC), funded through the State Department of Public Health.
- Continued funding of a training grant for pre- and postdoctoral students, providing support for the next generation of scientists.
- Renewal of a program project grant by Institute faculty, allowing investigators to work collaboratively in identifying factors that promote the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Ongoing research investigating the successful aging process in individuals 90+, the oldest old.
- Creating the first transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease that develops both plaques and tangles, and widely distributing this model throughout the world.
- Achieving recognition as a high-ranking national site for conducting clinical trials.